Two posts in one day! Oh my!
I have been lucky enough to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by two wonderful bloggers, first Stephanie at When Crazy Meets Exhaustion and then before I could get it together to write that post, also by To Each Her Own Blog. Stephanie I have met through blogging and the other I met in high school and have reconnected with through Facebook and blogging. They are both super awesome and you just must check them out. Thank you, thank you to both of you!
Apparently this award is for up-and-coming bloggers and the rules are: tell 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers, write 11 questions for those bloggers. I answered the questions from both of my nominators.
Here it goes.
11 Things About Me
1. I am wishing that our current beta fish, Mr. Fishy, would just die already. He has been floating around his bowl refusing to eat for weeks and I’m done with it already.
2. In other pet news, I’m seriously hoping our new cat, Percy, will calm down a bit. He’s too wild for me.
3. There is too much testosterone in my life, even that stupid fish and the cat are male. I would secretly love to have a little girl, but there are no more children in my future (barring some crazy accident). Where in the world would I put another one?
4. While I love being able to both have a job and stay home with my children, it is the most difficult balancing act I have ever done. Trying to work from home with kids in the house is insanity.
5. Being home with the kids in the house for days on end is also insanity. I’m extremely grateful that we didn’t even lose power in the hurricane, but I’m going a little crazy here.
6. I would like a whole new wardrobe, purchased mainly from Anthropologie and Lululemon.
7. Yoga is my savior. I go to the free yoga class every Sunday morning at the Lululemon store in my neighborhood. Without that, I do not think I could make it through each week with my sanity intact.
8. I often have trouble sleeping and I always have. A lot of people tell me that this was no longer a problem for them once they had kids, but for me it always comes back.
9. Eleven things is A LOT of things. I don’t know if I’ll make it through this list!
10. One of my secret wishes is for my blog to suddenly get crazy popular so I would get invited on the Today Show to talk about my “mommy perspective” and then get to write a book.
11. I can’t wait for Halloween tomorrow! I love Halloween and getting to share it with my kids is one of my favorite things about being a parent.
The Questions from When Crazy Meets Exhaustion
1. What is your dream job? To be a paid writer, ideally a novelist or television writer, but any type of money for my words would be nice.
2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Ice cream!!!! I’ve been off dairy for the past 14 months and it is KILLING me not to have ice cream.
3. What is your proudest moment, professional or personal? I honestly have no idea. I think it’s been a long time since I’ve been proud of something and I’ve forgotten.
4. Who are you voting for? (I’m referring to Presidential elections, not Dancing with the Stars.) Ooo, I like to stay out of politics. I’m not 100% sure if I’ll be voting for Obama or putting in the vote-to-make-a-point for Johnson. I live in New York, my vote for Obama isn’t really saying all that much anyway.
5. What’s your favorite book? I don’t have one. I love books WAY too much to choose one as my favorite. I have widely varying tastes, for instance I love most anything by Jane Austen and most anything by Brett Easton Ellis.
6. Do you have stink bugs where you live? I don’t want to jinx it.
7. If you answered yes to #6, please share a method to destroy said bugs. If you answered no to #6, please move on.
8. Do you watch Modern Family? If not, why? It’s hilarious and everyone should watch it. No. Everyone tells us to watch and we just never have. We’d probably love it.
9. White or red? (Wine, obviously). Red. I live for red wine. (And my husband and kids of course.)
10. If you could have one super power, what would it be and why? I want the power to make people realize when they are being idiots. Like, you are spouting inane nonsense and ‘poof’ I give you the realization that you’re blithering on about nothing. As a bonus I would like to be able to use this through the internet, specifically Facebook. And be able to use it on myself of course.
11. What do you require in life to maintain sanity? (I need at least 18 hours of sleep a day. Just an example.) SLEEP!!!! I’m the parent of young children, don’t we all need sleep? In the absence of this it would be COFFEE!!!
The Questions from To Each Her Own Blog
1. What is your favorite book, and why? I answered this one already. See above.
2. What are you most thankful for this year? Having two healthy, cute, bright little boys.
3. What are you asking Santa for this year? I want clothes from Lululemon!
4. Do you have a favorite Disney memory/tradition/tip? If so, what is it? If not – book a vacation and create one! I have NEVER been to Disney. The husband and I really want to go though.
5. What couldn’t you live without? Same as question 11 above.
6. What do you predict our country will experience on November 6? I’m seriously hoping that some people will experience relief, some disappointment, some elation and that will be that.
7. What’s the best show on tv? I need something new to watch. New Girl!!!
8. If you could go back and tell your teenaged self any piece of advice, what would it be? Believe that you are worthwhile.
9. What is your biggest pet peeve? People cutting in line.
10. If you could only choose one word to describe yourself, what would it be? Low-key, is that one word?
11. What’s the biggest eff-up auto-correct has inflicted on you? I honestly don’t remember.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
2. What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
3. What is the best party you’ve ever been to?
4. Do you like bananas? Why or why not?
5. What could you spend hours doing, but you are afraid to tell others you enjoy?
6. What is your least favorite food?
7. Do you watch New Girl? It is the best comedy on telelvision and should be watched by everyone.
8. What is the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?
9. What is your favorite scary movie?
10. Are you a Harry Potter fan? Why or why not?
11. What is favorite Halloween candy? If you don’t celebrate Halloween, just your fave candy, if you do it has to be one of those candies you only get at Halloween (i.e. Smarties, Sugar Daddies, Pixie Stix, Krackel Bars, etc).
My Nominees (There are not 11 because I don’t follow enough blogs. Apologies in advance if you DO have 200 followers and I didn’t realize it.)
1. Little Miss Wordy – I just recently started following her, but I am in love with her blog. She is a beautiful writer.
2. Prego and the Loon – Another wonderful writer with a very honest and real perspective on domestic violence and divorce.
3. The Batchelor Pad – Interesting view of the world through the eyes of a mom who lives halfway around the world from me and is moving from Papua New Guinea soon.
4. The Numpty Novice with a Compact Camera and a Laptop – Lovely photos and words.
And I think all the rest of the blogs I read regularly have more than 200 followers. If I missed you, comment and you will gladly be nominated!