Despite the optimism that filled my reader today, especially from Anka and Little Miss Wordy, I’m still feeling down. Too many people in my life (and sometimes me) are feeling overused and unappreciated. It makes me angry and frustrated and leaves me wondering why the good people seem to keep getting left behind.
But this is why I do this, right? A little sunshine in every Monday? So I put on my game face, which is a smile of course, and decided I would come up with a little cheer.
We went to the Bronx Zoo on Saturday. It was chilly and misting, an all-around miserable day, and yet we had a wonderful time.
Had to say “excuse me” to a few peacocks.
And hung out with the giraffes at their house.
Having the animals to ourselves more than made up for being a bit damp. Plus it was all FREE! We’re members, which is seriously the best family deal in the five boroughs, so parking, admissions, and anything at the zoo that costs extra is free. Pretty sweet.
Just to add to the smile that is now beginning to grow on my face a little more naturally, Declan has been doing the cutest thing. When he wants to sit on someone’s lap, which is most of the time, he comes over and forces himself onto you and says “belapped!” Once he’s comfy he happily says “belapped.” I like it. I think I’ll try to get it into common use. Belapped – 1. to get oneself into the lap of another person 2. to be in the lap of another person
You should join in on the happiness. Here’s how:
- Write about something that makes you feel optimistic. Whatever it is, write from your heart.
- Post on MONDAYS. Include “Project Optimism” in your title.
- Grab a badge by going to your dashboard and clicking the “IMAGE” widget. Adjust pic size 200h x 200w. The image URL: (http://mommiesarejustbiglittlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/project-optimism.jpg)
- Link over here and invite friends to join in.
- Encourage the person who linked up before you. Kindness is contagious!