Yep, that’s what has me most excited today. The husband and I went to the burbs on Saturday, ditched the kids with his parents, and went to Bloomingdales to shop for sheets. We purchased not one, but TWO sets of sheets that are super comfy and – get this – match our quilt. To top it off we actually purchased matching pillowcases for all of the pillows on our bed. You heard me, matching pillowcases.
Way back when I first moved in with the husband, we slept on a mattress purchased from his former roommate’s brother, on one of those comes-with-the-mattress wheeled frames, under a blue plaid Joe Boxer comforter purchased by my mother-in-law. We have since upgraded to an almost-complete bedroom set from Pottery Barn that we picked out and a lovely quilt we purchased from a cute shop on the Upper West Side. But our sheets and pillowcases have never matched. Until yesterday we had a red sheet with two yellowed white cases from Ikea, one red one from some sheets set we bought along the way, two blue-speckled shams that matched a long-lost duvet cover, and a striped case that may have been the husband’s when he was about Brady’s age.
But today…today we have a lovely tan sheet that perfectly matches some of the patches on our quilt, a set of matching pillowcases, and two other sets of matching pillowcases in coordinating colors. Bonus, everything ALSO matches the curtains! I honestly can’t describe how happy this makes me. Last night I slept like a baby on my new grownup sheets and it was divine. Watch out, I might just add accent pillows. I’m going crazy here guys!
You should join in on the happiness. Here’s how:
- Write about something that makes you feel optimistic. Whatever it is, write from your heart.
- Post on MONDAYS. Include “Project Optimism” in your title.
- Grab a badge by going to your dashboard and clicking the “IMAGE” widget. Adjust pic size 200h x 200w. The image URL: (http://mommiesarejustbiglittlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/project-optimism.jpg)
- Link over here and invite friends to join in.
- Encourage the person who linked up before you. Kindness is contagious!