I’m having a tough time this Monday. The construction situation outside of my building is approaching a peak of shittiness that I didn’t think possible. The consequent hassle and noise is mixing with some stressful situations in my life to make my anxiety levels reach for heights I haven’t seen in quite some time. This anxiety leaves me exhausted and unable to enjoy the good things in life and I hate that so very much.
So, in the name of Project Optimism and for the sake of reminding myself that I can and will enjoy the wonderful things I’ve got going, I’m going to list some happy things from my weekend.
1. I took two awesome yoga classes that made me feel nearly invincible.
2. I played with my family in the sunshine.
3. I saw Shakespeare in a park with my 5-year-old son and we both enjoyed it.
4. I had to give my kids multiple baths per day because they got so filthy and sweaty having fun.
5. I got to have dinner with my girlfriends and drink good wine and laugh.
Wow, that honestly made me feel better. This was a pretty self-indulgent post, so why don’t you share with me just one good thing from your weekend. Come on. It’ll make me feel even better and it just might make you feel good too.
You should join in on the happiness. Here’s how:
- Write about something that makes you feel optimistic. Whatever it is, write from your heart.
- Post on MONDAYS. Include “Project Optimism” in your title.
- Grab a badge by going to your dashboard and clicking the “IMAGE” widget. Adjust pic size 200h x 200w. The image URL: (http://mommiesarejustbiglittlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/project-optimism.jpg)
- Link over here and invite friends to join in.
- Encourage the person who linked up before you. Kindness is contagious!