Thursday I got a wonderful surprise when I was nominated for a Very Inspiring Blog Award by Anniemation Flow. Thank you, thank you so much for reading, for writing, and for the nomination! Please go check her out because she has a lot to say and it’s always interesting.
Aside from the fact that someone halfway around the world took notice of my blog, I was really happy to get this award because I think one of the things I try to do with my blog is to inspire others. Not that I’m doing anything ever so special here, just that I hope I sometimes get people to think about things in a way that they might not have seen before.
The rules for the award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you. (Did that above!) 2. List the rules and display the badge. (Listing them now, badge below.) 3. Share 7 facts about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 other blogs and notify them.
Here’s the badge.
Now for 7 facts about me:
1. I have three tattoos and I’m planning my fourth, which will have four parts.
2. My biggest pet peeve is people cutting in line.
3. I’m currently obsessed with two very different songs…Chandelier by Sia and Escape Artist by Zoe Keating.
4. While in yoga class, I sometimes plan my playlists for the future, hypothetical, yoga classes I want to teach.
5. I’m married to my college sweetheart and in a year and a half I will have spent half of my life with him. (Ah! I’m old!)
6. I had my first spin as Tooth Fairy last night and it wasn’t nearly as satisfying as being Santa.
7. I will NOT be nominating 15 bloggers. I will nominate as many as I can. I LOVE a lot of bloggers, but the nomination part is always tough for me. Also, a lot of the people I’m nominating probably already got this one, but I’m nominating those who inspire me. So there.
And the nominations:
1. Kerry at Winding Road – She is a constant source of inspiration for me, especially with what she’s gone through recently. She somehow always has a wonderful way of looking at things.
2. Jessica at Like an Apple – She inspired me to start writing poetry again and that is just so amazing. She is a wonderful writer and also finds amazing poetry to share, in addition to being a working mama raising two boys.
3. Mummy Says – She has such inspiring things to say about being a mother and a woman.
4. Amy at Mom Goes On – Life is still very busy when the kids go to college. Amy’s view of life is always an inspiration to me.
5. Bronwyn at Journeys of the Fabulist – Not only does she make me want to travel, but she inspires me to go ahead and do things with my kids that I sometimes think will be too difficult. If she can trek all over Thailand, I can take the subway to Brooklyn.
Ok, I only made it to 5. But they are very, VERY good ones. These five blogs inspire me to keep blogging and, more than that, to keep writing. Please read them.